These five recipes are guaranteed to make your summer cookout burst with flavor:
1. Smoked Brisket Roll
Enjoy a slow-cooked, smoked brisket on your Big Green Egg. This mouthwatering recipe is perfect for a summer get-together, serving ten people. The recipe also includes ingredients for a delicious brisket rub and house slaw.
2. Chicken Kebobs
This backyard favorite is sure to impress taste buds at your next cookout. These kebobs are packed with flavor and are best grilled over charcoal. Don’t forget to make the creamy citrus and dill sauce to serve on the side!
3. Rustic Peach and Thyme Galette
It’s time to show off the versatility of your Big Green Egg! Break out the baking stone and try this savory rustic peach and thyme galette. Served with honey yogurt, this dish is a great way to cap off a delicious summertime meal.
4. Butterscotch Biscuits
What’s a meal in the South without biscuits? These butterscotch biscuits are a unique twist on the classic side dish. Drizzle the finished biscuits with homemade butterscotch and experience a burst of flavor with each bite.
5. Quesadilla Stack
How does a shrimp, steak, and chicken quesadilla sound? This recipe is a great way to shake up the traditional Mexican dish. Add even bolder flavor with the Big Green Egg Ancho Chili and Coffee Seasoning.
Emerson’s Favorite Recipes
At Mid State Pools, we love to cook on our Big Green Egg! Here are some of our favorite recipes made famous by our owner, Emmerson Fromm. Enjoy!
- Chicken Breast (let sit overnight in your favorite marinade)
- Wrap in bacon and provolone cheese
- Lather in BBQ Sauce and place on grill
- Finish with chives after meat is cooked
- Cut Jalapenos in half and carve out seeds
- Mix cream cheese, hot sauce, and fresh cilantro
- Stuff mixture inside Jalapenos
- Top with bacon
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Grill until peppers reach desired temperature